WhatsApp will get dark mode feature from facebook splash screen
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on Android
- Go to Settings > Display > Select theme > Dark
- Once the dark mode is turned on, go to Settings > About phone
- Scroll down to ‘Build number’ and tap on it seven times
- You will see a message pop-up saying ‘Developers options is turned on’. Tap on ‘Override force-dark’ so that you can apply the dark theme to other apps
- Dark theme is now enabled on WhatsApp but the wallpaper in chat threads still needs to be changed to enjoy the dark mode to its fullest
- Go to Whatsapp Go to Settings > Chats > Select Wallpaper> Select Solid Colour
Like the same in iOS phones, it is necessary that the device runs on iOS 11 or earlier versions.
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on iOS
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Invert Colours > Smart Invert
- You have now enabled dark theme across all the apps in the device
- Same as Android, you will have to choose dark or no wallpaper for WhatsApp chat threads. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Wallpaper> None
So this is it. Whether we’re using an Android or iOS device, you can enable dark mode in WhatsApp by following the above steps.